Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Exciting Developments in Cement and Urethane and Cell Phones

Exciting, not so much. Interesting, maybe. The facts are that the final stages of development of a product are not as exciting as the early stages of product development. I've been testing mixtures of cement, grout and mortar to find a nice balance for making thin panels that can be used as parts with filler to build reversible frames that can be used to build a wall. I know it sounds complex, but it's the best idea I've come up with that makes some sense to me. Ideally I want durability and cement seems to be the most resistant material that is cost effective and not sensitive to exposure to UV or rain. I've been coating the cement with thin layers of polyester resin mixed with atomized steel particles to create a rusted finish as it wears. The only variation I've got in the mix currently is mixing some atomized steel particles into a new water-based urethane that I was given a sample of. Result of these test will follow in the coming days, but my preliminary findings show that the urethane finish does not rust as quickly as the poly-resin with the steel. I have also been making some medallions out of bronze and steel mixed the same way and can't wait to see how they react to rapid aging caused by an acid wash. I have been working on promoting a cell phone service form a mobile phone provider called Ting. Today I got approval to provide customers that I refer to their network with a free t-shirt from my website YQue.com to encourage potential customers to complete a transaction. Since I don't have a use for the medallions, which are the inside face of the Sun God from the Mayan Calendar, I am thinking of making this item a free product too for people that sign up. The deal goes like this, If a potential customer clicks on my link shown here: https://ting.com/r/vtimr91 - Which includes a $50 off coupon for the purchase of a phone. If the potential customer completes a transaction for the Ting Mobile Phone that runs on the Sprint Network, then they can return to my webpage and get a t-shirt or medallion for free. The medallion would actually be an easier item to ship than the t-shirts. Here is a link to my webpage that describes the Ting Cell Phone service and the Free T-shirt deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment