Saturday, July 14, 2012

3-D versus 2-D, Whatever!

Why are 3-dimensional products more interesting than 2-dimensional images? Simply put they have more dimensions. I have worked with flat images for so long that I am drawn to the objects that I can make as 3-dimensional products in a way that infatuates me. The fact that the 3-dimensional products are made from 2-dimensional images only enhances the character of the products themselves because it is as if I am using the same underlying graphic technology to make the 3-d objects. This transition is what keeps pulling me back in and creates the inertia that keeps me moving forward on these projects. My brain has been twisted inside out as I keep making modifications to the process of developing a wide range of products and each product has some x-factor that relates to the earlier steps. Today I tried to reduce the concepts to a catalog sheet or drawing of the things that I can make using these photo-fresco techniques and they are legion. I don't even consider the final products photo-fresco in the original context of the phrase, but because the methods of the photo-fresco processes brought me to this point I am keeping with the original catch phrase, photo fresco.

No comments:

Post a Comment