Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hi Densisty Screen Printing will Answer all of my problems

Every year I visit the screen printing tradeshows to pick up some new techniques for t-shirt printing and my experimental projects. This year I didn't find anything new, but still seem some potential for refining my old techniques of photo fresco with relief mold making. There are some inks that can be made to look like metal and that can be printed with high density printing techniques that can emulate some other hi-tech methods of making original relief images come to life. Everything starts with a design and a cocept for the design, but the production techniques are what make it happen.

Large decals with some three dimensional or raised areas may be a good genre of products to create that can combine techniques with a product that can be produced by hand and have some market potential. For now I don't have a specific product or item in mind, but I did like my two part emblems that I made towards the end of last year. I used different materials for the base than the insert emblem and the final effect was a more complex piece than I had previously made. Complexity doesn't always make something better, but when different materials are next to each other it brings out the character of the differences. When I make a single homogenous piece there is always an explaination necessary to say what it is made of.

No comments:

Post a Comment