Tuesday, January 29, 2013

New Year, New Chemicals - Magic Shit hits the market

I picked up some fresh Gum Arabic and Ethyl Cellulose to mix some ink that can release from fabric once it is saturated with water. The concept is to get an ink that can print like t-shirt inks, with a suspended pigment, and then the ink will wash out or release the pigments in the water during the rinse cycle. The problem isn't the binders, but the thickness of the solution of the binder. The goal is to have a thicker pasty type of mixture that can be screen printed. Arty at Douglas and Sturgess offered me a text liquid to add to my mixture which he knicknamed, Magic Shit. I tried it and although I haven't printed with it, based on the name it is bound to work. My daughter did this design to emphasize the qualities of Magic Shit.

The Next Level shit that I am going to do with this mixture is all too real, but I think I will divulge it here. Totally natural t-shirts that the design will wash out once it is sent through the wash. How is this good? Not sure, but it sort of doesn't make sense in all the right ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment