Sunday, June 27, 2010

Gum Arabic Goauche Binder aka


Mixing binder to use with atomized metal. I have successfully adhered the bronze and steel to plaster, but I am afraid of the acrylic heat set ink working consistently, so now I am going back to the basic of mixing a clear binder to hold the atomized metals, like the goauche paints that were good at binding. The old problem of making layers bond is now going to be an issue, but If I work with one later at a time and make sure to use mold release I think this will get me to where I want to be. Testing 1,2, 3. I am looking for my old jar of Schmincke Ready-to-Use Gouache Binder (This ready-to-use gouache binder is ideal for producing your own gouache colors in small batches. Just add dry pigment to the binder and mix with a palette knife, using a simple mixing ratio of 1:2.

No longer will you need to produce large quantities of colors. Now it's simple to make new and fresh colors as you need them!

The gouache binder contains gum arabic, dextrin, and a wetting agent.), but can't find it. However I did find a bag of Gum Arabic (Water soluble gum that is used primarily in making water colors and gouache. To use, simply dissolve in hot water in a double boiler until the desired consistency is achieved.
), but it may take up to two days to get it into a useful state from scratch, much too long for me. ROAD TRIP...

No comments:

Post a Comment