Sunday, March 19, 2017

Big Cement Pour Testing Crack Resistant Cement - Variation of molds Single release molds






Many of my experiments require me to make a mold with the screen, then cast an original, then make a mold of that for production, which is later used for the brick making. I think that if I can just use the original mold for making the bricks it may save a lot of time and therefore a lot of money. There is also the possibility that the castings from the first mold will have higher detail than castings made from 3rd generation molds. The key is to make the mold reusable and not have to cut the mold from the frame. To make this work the casting material needs to shrink and not crack and cement always seems to shrink.

I make 5 pours with a variety of molds, 3 originals and a couple that were placed in frames, reused molds.

No comments:

Post a Comment