Thursday, February 28, 2013

My post, my comments - Can't trust responses

I post and I post on this board, exploring the ideas in my head about printing and permanence. It is a subject and quite possibly I don't want to know the real answers, I just want to write and post. Sometimes I think that I really want to know the answer to a question and think that if people actually read this blog then they may provide a response, like on other bulletin boards, that would answer my question or provide some valuable insight. I don't think so. I've dealt with moderating spam and it sucks like trying to clean out rust from an old car. Most responses on bulletin boards are spam and if I spend all of my time moderating then I might forget what I am writing about. I like the idea of knowing the right way to do stuff, but not so much that I want to waste my time reading a bunch of crap and deleting it before I can get back to what I want to do, which is to ramble on about nothing. If I thought somebody was reading this, then I wouldn't be able to write that above statement. This is like a bathroom wall in that you can post stuff on the internet, in plain site, and most likely nobody but robots will ever really read it.

Most interestingly, I have found that if I write about things, then ads will pop up that are relevant to the stuff I write about and often the ads that show up on my own pages will have products and solutions that I can choose to click on and find the answer to my own problems. It is like my brain is bringing in information from the outside and all I have to do is drop a few words, like refrigerator that also cooks food, or flying car with an 8 track tape player and then next thing you know is that an ad from amazon or ebay will have an item on my page, right in front of me, that shows that very product.

No comments:

Post a Comment